Jesus & I ...

Jesus strolled from room to room. We strolled into the library of my mind, the dining room of my appetites and desires, and the workshop of talents and skills. The room that impacted him the greatest was the drawing room.

We walked next into the drawing room. This room was rather intimate and comfortable. I liked it. It had a fireplace, overstuffed chairs, a bookcase, sofa, and a quiet atmosphere. He also seemed pleased with it. He said, "This is indeed a delightful room. Let us come here often. It is secluded and quiet and we can have fellowship together."

Well, naturally, as a young believer, I was thrilled. I could not think of anything I would rather do than have a few minutes apart with Christ in intimate comradeship.

He promised, "I will be here every morning early. Meet with Me here and we will start the day together." So morning after morning, I would come downstairs to the drawing room and He would take a book of the Bible... open it and then we would read together. He would tell me of its riches and unfold to me its truths... They were wonderful hours together. In fact, we called the drawing room the "withdrawing room." It was a period when we had our quiet time together.

However little by little, under the pressure of many responsibilities, this time began to be shortened. I began to miss a day now and then... I would miss it two days in a row and often more.

I remember one morning when I was in a hurry... As I passed the drawing room, the door was ajar. Looking in I saw a fire in the fireplace and the Lord sitting there... "Blessed Master, have You been here all these mornings?"

"Yes," He said, "I told you I would be here every morning to meet with you." Then I was even more ashamed. He had been faithful in spite of my faithlessness. I asked His forgiveness and He readily forgave me...

He said, "The trouble with you is this: You have been thinking of the quiet time, of the Bible study and prayer time, as a factor in your own spiritual progress, but you have forgotten that this hour means something to Me also."

God created us to be in fellowship with Him. He longs for an intimate relationship with His children.

Lastly, the interesting thing about the door to the room Jesus met me in daily was that it had no handle on the outside. That wasn't a mistake by the artist. The door can only be opened from the inside. Jesus still knocks today, but He won't open the door and enter in on His own accord. He waits for us to invite Him in!

.... God bless! XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 103 ...